Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm Listening

This year I think my hearing has improved....or maybe, just maybe I have learned to listen.

I'm a talker by nature. I want to show people I empathize with them and feel where they are coming from. So I talk, often when I feel like I should just shut up and listen. If I have ever done this to you- please forgive me and know that it helps me process your words by talking, so I do hear you. Still, I need to accept the quiet and listen.

I know this is true because this year God has been talking to me. Maybe this is not a new thing, maybe my self-talk has always drowned him out before, maybe I didn't see the message so neatly packaged. I don't know what hindered me in the past, but I do know that it was just that- the past.

Now I see Him in my daily life. I hear His words of affirmation and I am grateful. I follow His lead.

I have always struggled with my anger in parenting, and in life. So God gives me Psalms 86:15 to cling too. He also sends these wonderful Non-tutorials, and further encouragement my way ALL THE time. I want to be that parent....last night I chose the still small voice of patience, over my old BF anger...the look in my child's eyes said volumes.

I pray and stress over my marriage not being "equally yolked" all the time. I mentioned it in CBS yesterday and the WONDERFUL women in my core group immediately gave me these verses....

1 Peter 3:1-4

1Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. 3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.

1 Corinthians 7:13-14

And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

....yes Lord I am listening. Thank You for Your grace, love and mercy. Thank You for calming my heart. I am a changed being, and I am listening.

God is using

1 comment:

Joan said...

Keep at it dear sister. Your walk is inspiring me. Keep Him close so that He can instruct you, encourage you and lift you up. I, too, am being moved by Ann to change and grow, especially in my parenting. She is a God-sent! :)