Thursday, January 15, 2009

Overwhelmed by the ordinary

Today the ordinary is bogging me down. I feel so overwhelmed. So here I am, coming to you all and requesting prayer. I don't want to be a burden, but if you could pray that the Lord will grant me His peace that would be awesome. I know that he will take care of everything. I stated before that I think this year is going to be pivotal in the faith and lives of my family. As I am steadfast in prayer, I also know the enemy is trying to derail my efforts, and confuse my mind. These struggles are his doing, these feelings are of him, NOT my sweet Jesus. I know that and yet....please pray for me.

This song brought me to tears in the car today (it's in my playlist, if you haven't herd it):

Praise You in This Storm
words by Mark Hall/music by Mark Hall and Bernie Herms

I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

Chorus:
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away

Chorus

I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.


I am claiming this song, Isaiah 46:4 and Jeremiah 29:11 today...

...He will help me, He will sustain me, He will rescue me, He will give me hope.... of these confidences I pray.

3 comments:

wedogmomma said...

Yes, Lord....we ask all these things in your name...and know that you will provide EVEN MORE!
Hold our Des right now, wrap her in peace, wipe away her need to understand...and grant her rest.
Thank you Abba.....our Daddy.

Joan said...

The Enemy is at war with us, especially when we make a bigger commitment to the Lord. Know that Jesus is victorious! Lord, I pray that you grant Desiree Your peace -- a peace that only You can give. Calm her fears and anxieties. Lord, cover her with your love and mercy. Amen.

Maritez said...

You are in my prayers friend and my heart is heavy for you. I see such determination that it is such an encouragement. And what Joan wrote is SO true...the enemy knows what we want to work on, how we want to be strengthened and he wants nothing more than to take that from us. There is one thing I handed over to the Lord the first day of this year and it is something that I know I need to work on with the Lord's DAILY help...and since I have made that "resolution" I have really felt more attacked-even in my sleep. But even with that, I am encouraged because I know that just means I have something precious that I can choose to hand over to God and no one else. So, friend, hand over those daily struggles that we all feel as moms and wives....sometimes they ARE too much to bear, but our Lord wants to carry those burdens for us. Hand them to Him, He is faithful....and know that we all love you, and we are all just a phone call away :D