Friday, January 16, 2009

an early bird?

...here, right now it is 6 am. For the VERY first time this year I am up as I planned. My CBS study is done for the day, I have spent time in prayerful communion with my Savior, and I have won a small battle. Yesterday I was tested, but my resolve is firm...I will not be shaken, I will keep walking- one step, two steps closer to Jesus. I could feel your prayers leading me along, helping me recall which foot needed to move next- closer still. He has cradled me in His hands. He has promised me much and I know he will deliver if I remain focused on Him....if I can be patient .

Patient with His will, and patient with the everyday. That was my lesson. Stop focusing on what is. Without my sweet savior none of it will ever make sense. I must be patient and He will make His will known. He was, and IS, and Will be....He is my everything. Without Him I have nothing. So I must wait and listen. I must learn to be patient.... that's going to be a hard one. But, with God all things are possible right?

Thank you for your continued prayers and know that I am lifting you up too. We are in trying times and we need all the prayers and support we can get.

Thank you Father for revealing yourself to me. Please change my outlook- Help me to be more patient in all I do. I know that You will help us, You will sustain us- even cause us to prosper. You will always keep your word even if the way seems so unclear to me. Please direct my day and let my light shine as a beacon to You. help me to change so that I may bear witness to Your greatness. I love you. Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, MommyDesiree, I can SO relate! Patience is a virtue, for good reason. It is something that has to be cultivated in us from our dear Lord. I wrote the following on some construction paper and hung it in our classroom for ME!
It says:
"Learn the art of patience. Apply discipline to your thoughts when they become anxious over the outcome of a goal. Impatience breeds anxiety, fear, discouragement, failure. Patience creates confidence, decisiveness, a rational outlook, which eventually leads to success!"
I can't remember who said this, but it didn't originate with me~but it spoke volumes to me, and that is why it hangs on my schoolroom wall. It reminds me of all of these things! HALLELUJAH!!!