Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bible Questions

First Thanks Girls for all your suggestions about when you read, and reassurances that He will honor my efforts.

I've been saved for so long, but over the last 3 years I've been striving to understand him more deeply. I'm asking you to hold my hand and lift me up. Never before have I had the yearning to pursue Him so passionately, and it's making me feel vulnerable. I know I posted before about what your support and prayers mean to me, but I'd like to reiterate now that I am SO thankful to have your brains to pick, and words to chew on.

Finally I'd like to offer up a question for those of you who may be more versed in the word then I am. When doing my chronological reading this morning I came across this passage:

Genesis 6

1And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. 3And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.


....am I reading this right? Because I've never noticed this before. Is this referring to fallen angels or something else?

I thought angels are supposed to be androgynous.

...any thoughts you might have would be awesome. Thanks dear ones!

2 comments:

Joan said...

No clue on your question, but I did forget to tell you last Sunday that we (CBS) will be studying Genesis in the Fall (Sep)! :)

wedogmomma said...

ooo good question.
Whenever I have one of those I like to go to a source I trust:
www.BlueletterBible.org

You can look up any phrase or verse and it will give you all the Biblical references...but the bonus tools also include several commentaries from reliable pastors/teachers...
here is a link to David Guzik's (author and Calvary Chapel pastor in Germany) but his take on these verses helped me out....
http://www.blueletterbible.org/commentaries/comm_view.cfm?AuthorID=2&contentID=7326&commInfo=31&topic=Genesis

for other commentaries just type in a scripture and then click on the letter L that appears next to the address.

With questions like these we may never know for sure and I know our salvation doesn't depend on them...but it is nice to have the resources of those who have studied so indepthly...Have fun!