Friday, October 24, 2008

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls for he has no one to help him up.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Man, This verse is ringing so true in my ear this evening. For a large majority of my Christian walk I've walked without strong support. Well, let me rephrase that: I've walked without much encouraging support. My SIL, the amazing Leah May (whom I will some day devote an entire post to) is one of the few exceptions to this rule.
As I walked it was easy for me to stumble- it's always easy to stumble. My problem was I didn't have very many people to lift me up and encourage me on. Need a hand? Right foot, now left, closer and closer to Jesus. I just sort of sat there stunned that I had tripped, until I realized it was time to get walking again.
Over the last few years God has been working on me though. I keep meeting these awesome Christians! A great example is my dear friend Joan. I've known her for years. I first met her through Gymboree (you would not believe how many of my cherished relationships began there) I was her daughters teacher. We never talked about our Faith, but we were friendly, and I ALWAYS liked her. If you saw her smile you'd like her too. Anyways, time walked on. She started teaching there too and we grew closer. Our lives are often sooOOOOoo parallel it's almost scary. Unless of course you know what I do- that my sweet God works in wonderful mysterious ways. It wasn't until about 2 years ago I guess, that I found out she too was a Christian. I remember feeling so tickled. I felt so blessed, that through the storm He had given me this. Fast forward to today- the here and now.
Through Joan and blogging, I've been so deeply blessed. Just tonight I read two of my friends blogs- now these are wonderful women I met through Joan. Ok, in Maritez case I have not yet met but hope to soon.- and both of them resounded in my soul. They both, as they so often do, dealt with things I've been struggling with. Those blogs swept me off my feet- right foot, left foot.....they encouraged me and lifted me up. I just feel so blessed. For these women and the countless others that are now apart of my life.
I am never alone. I know that deep down in my soul. My sweet Jesus will never leave or forsake me. Just look what he's doing all around me. He knows what the support and friendship of fellow believers mean to me, and now my cup is running over. Weather the people know it or not He is using them in my life in a big way. His design is so well woven. I love that about Him, actually I just love Him.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Des, thank you for those sweet thoughts & words .. and now, I want to give them right back to you. God has the master plan in our lives and He has brought us closer because He knew we needed each other. We didn't get close the first time we met, but it took 3-4 years for the time to be right ... and now here we are. You are my friend, my encourager, my helper, my sounding board ... I know I can count on you to give me godly counsel. It seemed like years ago when I felt alone, but like you, now I am surrounded by great women of faith ... not by my design but by God's grace and love. Only He knows what I truly need at any given moment. And I am so blessed that you are part of my life. Love you much Sis!

Maritez said...

Its so amazing how God can bring sisters in Christ together...through circumstances, friends, & even if (for now) its only through blogging ;)

You are right, God does know how important support and fellowship is, I try and remind my friends of that as much as I can...how grateful I am for them & their encouragement to me. Reading your blogs have also inspired me...to cherish the moments I have with my little ones, to rely on our Father when things seem SO hard, and to savor the sweet relationships He has blessed me with. I hope to meet you soon :)

wedogmomma said...

I came here to respond to the words that dripped such truth and grace on my blog...and here I find an even greater tribute to our friendship!
I adore your candor ...and hope to emulate your honesty more and more!

I remember enjoying your company from the first moment we met...and then loving the way your beautiful family fit together....now I see how God was preparing me to be bowled away by your friendship! Both you and Joan are gifts to me.....there are no games there...just real, true hearts that are so open to care for others, to pray with others, to support and help each other in EVERYTHING...Ugh it's refreshing!

So thank you....for each word that you let God say through you.
You are humble with those gifts of yours....be blessed and know that yes, we are in this together...Praise God :D