Friday, October 17, 2008

Find us faithful

Oh, may all who come behind us find us faithful.
May the fire of our devotion light their way.
May the footprints that we leave lead them to believe,
And the lives we live inspire them to obey.
Oh, may all who come behind us find us faithful
-Jon Mohr

Through studying Kings in CBS I'm learning so much about the kind of Christian I want to be. I want to be so much braver in my faith. I want those that see me in my day to day life to have NO DOUBT that I am faithful to my Lord, my God. I want my heart to sing His praise like his beloved Davids did.

I love that David was such a flawed man, but he is among the most honored people in the Bible. His heart was ALWAYS on God. Always seeking His truth, His help, His guidance, and most of all His Forgiveness when he stumbled. His heart's desire was to serve God... and yet like all of us he was human, he was a sinner. He messed up all the time, in BIG ways, but God knew his heart. He loved him in spite of himself, and always forgave him when he repented. Because of his faithfulness to the Lord his family was blessed- even when they did not deserve to be.

I so often stumble, only seeing that one set of foot prints in the sand. I want to be more steadfast, more faithful, and trusting. I want my Children to see me laying all my worries and fears at His feet, and begging Him to carry me when I feel weak. I want them to see that when there are only one set of foot prints it MUST be Gods, because He is ever faithful to carry us through. I want them to have that kind of spiritual legacy to lean on.

Yet today my heart aches. I want so much for my husband to desire this for our family too. He's been hurt so much through people of "faith" that he's given up. He supports my journey, but he's just along for the ride. Now more then ever I hope that by seeing me remaining faithful, and seeking Gods peace he will be moved to find his way back home into his Fathers arms.

This is so heavy on my heart today. Please lift my husband up in prayer so that he can be the head of our spiritual household as well as our earthly one. Pray that Gods Will will be served, and as a family we can stand Steadfast, and Faithful.

No comments: