Monday, February 21, 2011

The Bounty of Just Enough....

How many times have I opened my fridge and moaned?
How many times have I said I was broke, flat can even buy gas broke?
How many times have my eyes glazed over, as I held gratitude captive and invited envy in, and sat down to a too full plate with greed?

How often have I missed the blessing of Just Enough?

More times then I can count money has run tight, the fridge and the cupboards so stark they look more like a cavern of white, and for a moment I forget to breath.

Oh, I've had to lean heavy on the bounty of just enough.

Like a parade, one roasted chicken stretches into 3 meals. I find fresh air, and inhale. Children giggle; happy and content with what they find here- both tangible and not, and my God promising....I will provide.....I will bless......with the bounty and over abundance of Just Enough. I can see the fullness here. In this moment there is bounty.

He promises this to me as an unseen blessing, as a love offering because He, my maker knows.....too much makes my eyes wavier, makes my stomach hunger for things untasted, makes my wits and soul song dim. When I am full by the worlds standards I forget the blessing of breath, I forget that I'm always going to be uncomfortable here, because this world is not my home. I stop longing for home.

I forget my need of HIM,
I forget my thanksgiving,
I forget the mini-miracles,
the MANY gifts:

21. sunlight bent through rounded glass

22. perspective, and watching it shift towards Grace....fullness....

23. children hiking a snow topped mountain

24. chubby toes, small brightly colored nails

25. seeing that just enough is a keep your eyes on ME love offering, not a withholding.

...Just enough.....

To see grace, to be filled, to be free.

No comments: