Friday, April 02, 2010

Eggs

Angry words fly as cups filled with neon water spill and splatter. A masterpiece in the eyes of a child cracked and destroyed. Tears flow.

Small unknowing hands are to blame; a moment filled with frenzy. The peace has been broken.

My eyes dart around as I seek a way to restore, to remove the chaos.

shhhhhh....

the echos in this moment become clear to me.
In motherhood I see Calvary.
The crowd is in a frenzy....Crucify Him they screamed....
small unknowing people.....
Eloi, Eloi.....broken.....the scriptures fulfilled.

I begin to softly cry. The bickering stops- all turn to me. Eyes glare at each other. All are placing the blame for the tears on each other. A moment lost, or not

I grab my small ones near me. Restoration is needed. They don't understand my grief; they are focused on eggs, and hurt- I on a cross 2000 years old.

I cover the moment in a prayer as I dab my eyes....the water....

I begin running water. As they wait for my next move the small ones look around and find each other broken. Hurt fills the room.
Soap is added, the bowl is filled.....slosh....the rag dips in and their attention is back on me.

They are silent, curious, full of wonder. This is different. Their ears are ready to listen as I reach for a foot. They forget the hurt of broken eggs and allow me to bring them to the only One that matters.....

Jesus.
The Living Water.
Servant of man.
Sacrificed.
By His blood we are clean.

Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."
John 13: 8b

Cracked,
Broken,
Yolk exposed.

In all my life there have never been more beautiful eggs.

2 comments:

wedogmomma said...

Thank you for sharing love....we had SUCH a similar situation here today. A broken masterpiece and tears and anger...it must've been in the air. And I only wish my response could have been as gentle!
Ah, love covers over a multitude of sins! Amen and Amen.
Carry on momma, Christ is covering over us!

Joan said...

You are absolutely right. There's nothing more beautiful than a broken egg. In our brokenness we are made beautiful ... in His image. TFS.