Saturday, March 27, 2010

I can Only Imagine...

God is so good. He so over reigns. (don't you love that breakdown of sovereign?)

Last night I witnessed His spirit flow freely. There was no sermon- no one who spent years in seminary uncovering truths I can not fathom. Yet my eyes glistened and I felt His spirit more deeply the I could have imagined.

Who could of imagined a group of 2- 12 year olds could be so full of Him? The one that made them. The one that saved them.

He could.

They asked Jesus, “Do you hear what these children are saying?” “Yes,” Jesus replied. “Haven’t you ever read the Scriptures? For they say, ‘You have taught children and infants to give you praise. -Mathew 21:16
(Let them all praise the name of the Lord. For his name is very great; his glory towers over the earth and heaven -Psalm 148:13)

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these. Mathew 19:4

.... our homeschool group had a presentation night. Some of the children tagged it a show off night and for me- I think they were right. They were showing off Our Father- His blessings, His love, the wonders of His creation.

They sang the old hymns, they recited the Scriptures, they showed that they have wisdom beyond their years, and they amazed us with their deft fingers on ivory keys, silver flutes, and bow strings. Oh yes He was there and He was praised.

Psalms 139 written across a heart, The Lords prayer closing their thoughts, fellowship, grace and love.

He was there. I was blessed.

As one brilliant duet belted out "I can Only Imagine"....
This is what it will be like.
Heaven Belongs to such as these.
I can only imagine.



Children are a gift from the Lord;
they are a reward from him.
Psalms 127:3

2 comments:

wedogmomma said...

I have SO missed your blogs...but it was well worth the wait for such a triumphant entry!
And yes, I LOVE the so over reigns breakdown!!

Joan said...

It was such a blessed night. Thanks for nudging me to join the group. I am grateful! :)

Welcome back! I've missed you here!