Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tonight...

I come.

To seek refuge. To wait. To hope. To kneel.

Tonight, I wonder.

How can a weary body be home to such a fullness in spirit? How can I feel so weak, yet my resolve be so strong? How can I learn to rest at His feet when my calling is so urgent and consuming? How can I let go of this need to do it all, when I know that I can do NOTHING without Him?

Tonight, I pray.

That I can step outside of this box. That I can fully give of myself without resentment, and exhaustion. That He will show me His will and way. That I will let go of it all, to sit at His feet with my family and bask in how bountifully He has chosen to bless us. That His beloved will all feel His presence, love, provision, grace, and mercy. That we can sing a new song. A song to shed our broken bodies or spirits. A song that brings our eyes always back to the cross.

Tonight, I listen.

I strain. You are whispering. You are calling. You oh Lord are using my tired body to shout.

...stop Here dear one. Rest Here. Don't forget that I cradle you in My hands. I am your Abba. Only I know the hairs on your head, and the intentions in your heart of hearts. I am your Maker. A word of My mouth caused the days to turn to night so that you may rest. Find your rest in Me. Trust that I know what I am doing for you. Let go, I WILL catch it all. Rest on my promises. I am.

Tonight, I rest.

3 comments:

wedogmomma said...

Stunning words spoken straight to my heart. I'm praying for your rest dear one.
And it made me think of Talia singing our preschool song from last year.

God is bigger than the air I breathe.
This world we'll leave.
God will save the day, and all will say, My Glorious!
My Glorious! My GLORIOUS!!

Joan said...

From your words, I feel your burden. But you know the cure - just rest in Him and I will pray for you.

Unknown said...

Sister,
I miss you....though I don't know you in person, in the Spirit, I know you. I hope to share what God's up to in my life once a week on mercybee.blogspot. Your life and reflections add so much to mine!
Be encouraged!!!!
Love you,
Melissa