Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thoughts on Water.....

Forgive me if this isn't well written or eloquent....I have sat down and pondered (and prayed) how to place my thoughts in a cohesive manner...I have so much going on in my brain right now....so much spirit led growth happening....I'm being continually watered.... yet this is my 5th time trying to get it all to make sense here. So tonight I'm letting the Spirit lead...come what may.

I've been overwhelmed by references to water. His Living Water.

Whoever drinks the water I give will never be thirsty.
The water I give will become a spring of
water GUSHING up inside that person, giving eternal life

-John 4:14

I have spent so long parched, saved yet stationary- just steps from The Well...too scared to move, too embarrassed to drink greedily. What was I thinking????

Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.
1 Timothy 1:13-15

I am making up for lost time. I am consuming all the water I can. I am drinking Him in. Not just in the Word but in my life, in my actions. I want to show those I love that their thirsts- the ones they can not name. The ones that drive them to anger, to worry, to fear, to addictions, and ultimately to emptiness CAN be quenched. Change can come through the Living Water.


Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.
Romans 5:1-6

The water is there. To cleanse us, to nourish us, to bless us. It is ALWAYS there, because He is always there (Hebrews 13:5) in all ways.

Right now, I sit here amazed at the work He is doing in me, and through me. My family life, although never perfect has improved. I am a better mother and wife then I have ever been. Everyday I pray that God will lead my day, give me patience, change me, and make me willing to be willing. Some days are of course better then others, but even on my worst days I know I have taken a sip from the Living Well. So, when I wake up the next morning my mouth is not dry. I don't need to worry about yesterday's drained spirit, because today I can drink my fill. The cleansing waters of redemption never run dry...so I will drink.... fully, and deeply as often as I can.

There have been a few AMAZING resources and incites that have washed over me this week, and helped me to understand how to stand at His WELL and drink, pray and drink some more:

I just finished reading Come Thirsty By Max Lucado.

It's amazing! If you are not familiar with his writing you should check him out, he is Blessed. I'm sure this is where my obsession with The Water came from .The excerpt from the jacket reads:

You are acquainted with physical thirst. Stop drinking and see what happens. Coherent thoughts vanish, skin grows clammy, and vital organs shut down. Deprive your soul of spiritual water, and it will tell you. Snarling tempers. Waves of worry. Growing guilt and fear. But you don't have to live with a dehydrated heart. God invites you to treat your thirsty soul. Just visit the WELL and drink deeply. Receive Christ's work on the cross, The energy of His spirit, His lordship over your life. and his unending, unfailing Love.

....it's just highlighter holding, head nodding, heart speaking, deep prayer leading soul food.

My dear friend Nikki wrote this wonderful moving blog. When I read it God prompted me back to this 5th try at posting, and told me He would lead me.
Come just as you are before your God......Come (and drink) He whispered.
I will show you. I will lead you, and He did.


This A.W. Tozer prayer from The Pursuit of God

"O God, I have tasted of Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need for further grace.I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing;

I thirst to be made more thirsty."


Oh and as always Ann Voskamp gives these posts to ponder:

Imbibe Deeply,Joy Thirst, How to Find Joy

...She is another divinely gifted writer that God uses to speak to me OFTEN.


Drink up, my friends!

2 comments:

wedogmomma said...

How fun it is (and that's the understatement of the year!)
to watch God working through you and in turn working through us....SUCH the dominoe effect!

I didn't think that was scattered at all.....God knits things together SO well :D

I go to sleep pondering my thirst...and the source of my refreshment.....thanks Des!

Joan said...

God is moving mightily in your heart. Your family and friends will take notice, and then you will have the opportunity to introduce Jesus in their hearts! :) Love you.